Responsible for assisting in all aspects of manufacturing and assembly of novel piezoelectric motor technologies. Requires an experienced electronics engineer with excellent communication skills, able to multitask and work closely within a small multidiscipline team.
Proven skills in both analog and digital (DSP) instrument design (motors). Assisting project leader from concept (R&D) to whole system production and certification. Knowledge of motion control applications and systems, including piezoelectric circuits and controllers, software C/LabVIEW/Python.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Production design and documentation for piezomotor systems for analog and digital electronics and software.
- Formulate system concepts and design philosophy, assists in collaboration with overseas designer engineers and scientists.
- Participate in the bid/proposal phase and in program reviews both internally and with the customer
- Interact with other company functions/disciplines and with customers on a regular basis
- Support Design Engineering activities and prototype development of analog and digital hardware and software, assists in HW/SW integration and certification.
- Responsible for the performance of developed design for prototyping and final production.
- Work directly with outside suppliers during design and quotation process to ensure materials are manufacturability and meet design assurance, cost, quality and test requirements
- Perform and document technical analysis, test procedures and reports
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum educational requirement: BSEE
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with a successful track record of product development from Concept to Production.
- A broad understanding of advanced analog and digital design techniques is required including microcontrollers, DSP, CPLD and FPGA technologies, electrical power and battery power systems.
- Experience in writing and executing test procedures, development and management of Product Release packages and all associated documentation.
- Experience in establishing and managing all aspects of external/offshore product manufacturing relationship and coordinating with final in-house light assembly.
- Project management experience for R&D and Production projects.
- Use of MS Office Suite, Project, ORCAD Capture and AutoCAD is required.
- Problem solving, verbal and excellent written communication skills.